Use the Grades tool to check your grades on assignments and tests. You can see your individual grades and comments, as well as class averages and feedback. You can also view your final grade and the grade formula used to evaluate you once your teacher releases your grades.
As a teacher or unit assembler, you can determine how to set up your grade book to best reflect your approach to evaluation, including the grading system and grade scheme that is most appropriate for your unit. You can select how grades display to students, how they update in the grade book, and how you want to deal with ungraded items. You can create grade items for projects, assignments, discussions, quizzes, etc. to include in your grade book, and even associate them with other tools (e.g. Dropbox, Quizzes, Discussions).
How do I create a grade book?
How do I create grade items and grade book categories?
- Understanding grade items
- Creating grade book categories
- Creating numeric grade items
- Creating selectbox grade items
- Creating pass/fail grade items
- Creating formula grade items
- Creating calculated grade items
- Creating text grade items
How do I manage grade items and grade book categories?
- Editing grade items or categories
- Hiding and showing grade items in the grade book
- Reordering grade items and categories
- Setting availability for grade items or categories
- Setting release conditions for grade items or categories
- Deleting grade items or categories
- Restoring deleted grade items or categories
- Associating grade items with unit objects
- Associating grade items with learning objectives
How do I manage grade schemes?
How do I manage users' grades?
- Entering grades
- Importing grades
- Exporting grades
- Using the Milestone Grade Calculation for calculated grade items
- Accessing the Grades event log
- Tracking grades with User Progress
- Creating a formula in the Grades Formula Editor
How do I manage final grades?
- Accessing the Final Grades page
- Calculating final grades
- Additional options on the Final Grades page
- Editing the calculated or adjusted final grades
- Excluding grade items from the final grade
- Releasing a final grade
- Setting final grade display options for users
- Setting display options for your view of the grade book
- Setting release conditions for the final grade
- Viewing grade statistics
How do I change Grades settings and display options?
- Optimizing Grades settings for large courses
- Setting grade item and grade book category display options
- Setting grade book display options
- Changing personal display options
- Changing org unit display options
- Changing calculation options
What additional Grades resources are available to me?